Wooden Auxilliary Screw Barque, built in 1901 by Dundee Shipbuilders Co Ltd - Dundee. She was built especially for Captain Scott's Polar Expedition by the Royal Society and the Royal Geographical Society with a tremendously strong hull and bows to withstand ice pressure. Sir Douglas Mawson also sailed her to the Antarctic in his 1929-31 Expedition. The "Discovery" was sold in 1937 to the Boy Scouts Assocoiation of Britain for use as a training ship and hostel for sea scouts.
This image has two photos, a bow and stern view, stuck back to back on a piece of card.
Tonnage: 751 gross, 421 net
Official Number: 114675
Dimensions: length 179'3", breadth 33'8", draught 18'5"
Owner: Hudson's Bay Co.
Port Of Registry: London
Port Adelaide Nautical Museum