Passenger Vessel "M.V. Westralia", built in 1929 by Harland & Wolff - Belfast. A twin screw motorship, she took her first voyage from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide-Fremantle on 28 September 1929. This vessel was commissioned as an armed merchant cruiser in the Royal Australian Navy in January 1940 and was converted to a landing ship, infantry in February 1943. She was then requisitioned as a troopship for post war service until 1950 and was withdrawn from service in March 1959, when she was sold to Asian & Pacific Shipping Co - Suva and converted to a sheep carrier at Sydney and renamed "Delfino". She was registered in Liberia and later renamed "Woollambi 1960".
Dimensions: length 448', breadth 60'
Speed: 16 knots
Refer - "Pacific Liners 1927-72" by Frederick Emmons
South Australian Maritme Museum, donated by Neil Stellar