Launched in 1943, after built by Cockatoo in 1942. "Barcoo" was an Australian River class frigate. Ran a triple expansion 2 shaft engine with a speed of 19-20 knots, and was armed with 2 4 inch and 10 20mm AA. After World War 2 Barcoo operated as a survey ship until 1949 when she was laid up. In 1951 re entered service as an anti sub training ship. In 1952 - 1956 was a survey ship and then paid off. In 1959 was recommissioned and then placed in reserve in 1964. She was scrapped in Taiwan in 1972.
Dimensions - length 3011/2', breadth 361/2', draught 12'
This has three images of vessel from different angles as she was ashore north of Glenelg.
South Australian Maritime Museum