"Leillateah" is described in R Parsons' "Ketches of Australia" as a Ketch of 43 gross ton, built in 1891. In 1908 it capsized off Recherche Bay, and was later registered in Melbourne in 1912. It was bought by Messrs. GT & CG Heritage in Adelaide in the early 1920's but registration was not transferred. It was refitted with a 50hp auxilliary motor, and usually traded in South Australia until after World War 2.
Dimensions - length 77'7" breadth 19'3" draught 5'5".
In 1957 Leillateah was rebuilt into schooner 'Milford Crouch' by RM crouch in Port Adelaide. This capsized and sunk in Spencer's Gulf near Franklin Harbour in 1959 with the loss of the captain and five crew, and only one survivor. The vessel was salvaged and reregistered in 1961 by owner MG Crouch. Registration was transferred to Launceston in 1963 and she was renamed 'Flinders Trader'.
For more detail see R Parsons' "Ketches of Australia"
copied from Nichols collection, Vol 19. MITCHELL LIBRARY, Sydney.