"Moorara" built in 1909 by AJ Inches, Echuca Vic, as a wood and iron composite Murray River Barge. Vessel was altered in 1930 as a 3 msted fore and aft rigged ewith an auxilliary motor and was reregistered in July 1930 by G Heritage & CGD Heritage. She was sold in the late 1960's to owners who used her as a lighter between Wardang Island and the mainland.
Official Number: 122728
Tonnage: 100 gross, 73 net
Dimensions: 111'0", breadth 21'0", draught 5'3"
refer - "Ketches Of South Australia" by R Parsons
South Australian Maritime Museum, donated by Bob Thorjussen