4 mast Steel Barque
316 x 46 x 26
Built for the nitrate trade from South America, F.Laeisz (Flying P Line), reg. Hamburg. 1930s: Erickson, reg. Marieham. 1941 Aug.: Taken as a prize at Wellington, NZ, after Finland had entered the war on the German side. 1941: reg. Wellington. 1951: Sold for scrap, but reprieved by a Wesr German firm. Later: Heinz Schliewen reg. Hamburg, used as a cadet training vessel along with Passat. 1957: Foundered in a hurricane, 600 miles west of the Azores, with the loss of all but 6 of her 86 crew.