Built by Vickers Armstrong, Barrow -In-Furness, England in 1937. First owned by P&O untl 1964 when bought by John Latsis. "Stratheden"had her maiden voyage on 24 December 1937 and operated the route between UK and Australia via the Suez Canal. In 1939 she was commandeered as a troopship and in 1947 resumed service on UK-Australia line. In 1950 she was chartered by Cunard Line and returned the same year. In 1963 she was placed o cruising duties. In 1964 she was sold to John Latsis, Piraeus, and renamed "Henrietta Latsis" and in 1966 was renamed "Marianna Latsis". The vessel was broken up in Italy in 1969.
Propulsion: twin screw, single reduction turbine steam.
Dimensions: length 202, breadth 25m
Maximum Speed: 20 knots
Passengers: First class 532 and second class 454
Refer - "Home and Back" by Stuart Bremer.
This image shows vessel on her maiden voyage
South Australian Maritime Museum, donated by C.G. Wightman